Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Squires

+6
Blank De Ratche
Zero
B E E Z
The Beau Brothers
Kittynne
Dragnix Pheodron
10 posters

Go down

New Squires Empty New Squires

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I would rather not have a new tab for all new Squires so I thought I could condense them and put it in here, there are a couple names I would like our officers to keep an eye on for promotion in the near future:
- TranquilInSpirit (Syl)
- xSoraa (Sora)
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

New Squires Empty Re: New Squires

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:40 am

I like having it all in one thread.

I'd say both TranquilInSpirit and xSoraa are good near-future candidates at first glance. However, I'd like to take a bit of time to watch them more closely before I give my definite yes. Smile
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:53 am

TranquilInSpirit I know for sure. I don't know as much about xSoraa. They both seem to be active and social in Guild Chat, but not so much on Teamspeak.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:01 am

i thought spirit was already a squire?
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 pm

I think Syl would be great candidate for squire and maybe officer one day (if this tranquil is same tranquil I know from gw1)
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Both are soldiers I believe? ... as for Syl I poached him from another guild and I dont believe he was part of AoL in GW1 either...
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 am

I'd say they'd both make good squires. I like them both a lot, and both know a lot about the game and share that knowledge often
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:41 pm

I think syl is a good call, possibly future officer too, I don't really know sora so I will defer to those who know him better.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Tranquil didnt stay with AoL in gw2 but idk names come and go so I could be confused, never the less, I think hes a good candidate
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't really know Sora. I do like Tran.

However, I feel the same as Kitty here. I'd like to watch them more before giving a yes.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:46 am

I agree on keeping an eye on them for a little longer.. Sora is from Aussie too and he is on when alot of you are asleep :-P He is a great guy and very knowledgeable and helpful! ... he was the one that got like 5 precursors from the toilet in like 1 night...
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 am

Mel has indicated that she is no longer repping anyone else in GW2. I would like to see her promoted to Squire.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 am

I vote no on Mel as squire.  Maybe she has changed since her return, but she was quite abrasive before, and was very quick to belittle people who were not as "oldschool" as she was.

Also there was the plan she had to create an "alternate guild" to AoL, that was described by her in such a way that it hinted at leeching members from AoL.  And also she put a lot of pressure on people to play gw1 with her instead of playing gw2.

There were also the strange hissyfits surrounding her lack of power in the guild, something to do with her being more oldschool than some of the officers, and thus more deserving of an officer position?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:56 am

Kittynne wrote:I vote no on Mel as squire.  Maybe she has changed since her return, but she was quite abrasive before, and was very quick to belittle people who were not as "oldschool" as she was.

Also there was the plan she had to create an "alternate guild" to AoL, that was described by her in such a way that it hinted at leeching members from AoL.  And also she put a lot of pressure on people to play gw1 with her instead of playing gw2.

There were also the strange hissyfits surrounding her lack of power in the guild, something to do with her being more oldschool than some of the officers, and thus more deserving of an officer position?

this and I know she said many times she does not like gw2 so I feel like she'll be on for a while and gone for a long time... as I type this I feel like a hypocrite since Im not on all day erryday... I feel like she'll be an okay officer I just dont feel like it would be a good representation of having an officer on for like an hour a weekend <.< if she shows an interest in actually committing to gw2 then yay to officer if not I think squire would be fine
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:56 am

Tough call. I agree with Kitty and Zero. She has been with AoL a very long time, but that time has been very fractured since she's come to GW2. (For all the reasons mentioned)

I think she is making an effort to get into GW2 more now, and she is making an effort to become a part of AoL GW2, but I would like to keep an eye on her a bit longer.

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I am saying no to Mel. I know she is oldschool AoL, but I don't think that in any way means she 'deserves' to be promoted to squire. I've talked a LOT with Mel, and overall she is a sweetie, but I feel like there are some things she needs to either work on or change in order to be promoted.

1. She claims she does not like GW2. Honestly, if she doesn't even like the game, what point is there to promote her in a game she doesn't care about?

2. She is only friendly/helpful to either other oldschool guildmemebers and very few of us "New AoL" people (This is an observation, you all can correct me if I'm wrong). I also know she's mentioned to me on multiple occasions really hates the new AoL. I'm highly uncomfortable with that fact because I am new AoL, and so is the majority of the guild.

3. She has this, (I don't really know a good way to put it) I'm better than everyone because I'm Oldschool AoL, therefore I deserve to have a high rank in AoL.' She has even told me she thinks she deserves to be an officer in a offhanded way. Like I mentioned above, her being oldschool does not mean she should deserve a promotion.

4. As far as I can see, she does not put herself out there in the guild to really try to 'become a real part' of the guild. She just assumes she's already some big someone and that doesn't need to do anything but be oldschool to get herself promoted or get people to automatically just love her.

TL;DR

Preferably Mel should be more into into gw2 and less anti-gw2. She needs change her attitude about "New AoL" and actually reach out to more members than just the Oldschool and the very few random new school. Also she needs to realize being oldschool does not (should not) = Officer promotion.

Anyhow, I don't mean to be 'all hating' and anti-Mel. She really is a sweet girl and she is a lot of fun to talk too. She definitely has more positive then negative aspects about her and who she is. Some day I believe she will become promotion worthy. However, at this time I really do think she needs her attitudes to change some before she gets an offer of promotion.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Well well... I'm a little gone but basically, what I can read from other people's posts is basically what I can recall from GW1 days. She's wanting or trying too hard to be an officer for all the reasons that she should not be. In GW1 times she was all about that officer rank already. Seems to me that she's back with a vengeance. I have nothing against her personally but I have this "deja vu" feeling that's tingling my Yuri senses.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:15 pm

I'll tingle your yuri senses so hard ;o

Also I agree with points made above by Mel. Nice normal guildie, but doesn't seem to feel like she needs to actually do anything to earn a promotion.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Dragnix Pheodron wrote:I agree on keeping an eye on them for a little longer.. Sora is from Aussie too and he is on when alot of you are asleep :-P He is a great guy and very knowledgeable and helpful! ... he was the one that got like 5 precursors from the toilet in like 1 night...

Ok if he give me on then I'm good with him being a squire. Twisted Evil Seriously though, those of us who don't know him should go with those who do, I think this is good for squire, but not officer.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 pm

As for Mel, I lost all trust in her when she tried to start her "Girl Guild" and attempted to poach some of our members.  I love her and have been playing with her for a long time but I don't trust her and don't want to see her in a position of any power until she  proves herself.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 am

I have been spending alot of time with Mel in the last couple weeks and I have only seen her sweet side.. she has never mentioned to me about wanting to be officer or anything about being 'oldschool' and deserving a higher title... her only thing mentioned was her wanting to be taken off Ally status as she isn't repping anyone else.
I did not know Mel before all of this and I have been going off her long history with AoL and what people have said.
The times I have spent with her she is very quick and eager to help people when she can... I know she has just given gold to a couple of our members including a TONNE of mats to help them out! I believe she has her small cliche of people and she tends to stick with them.. I DO NOT believe she is officer material (from what I have seen just yet) but I thought Squire may be a good fit.. but I did not have any prior knowledge.
I will most definitely allow those who know her better and have previous knowledge of her have a final say :-D

Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 am

I hear ya, but a lot of us have more experience with her than you do.  And someone who is nice for just a few weeks really doesn't tell you much about the person.  Mel is very good at knowing who to suck up to, in order to get what she wants.  She pulled the same "i'm your best friend" crap with me, and I think with beez and nai too, probably, once she felt we were her way "in".  Perhaps she's found a new target now?

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to be realistic. Her behaviour follows a similar pattern everytime.

Last edited by Kittynne on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:46 am

I would like to propose promoting Shammaster to squire. He is very friendly and helpful. Plus he is quite generous. He has done few Screen Shot contests for the guild out of his own pocket! I know Sham would be an excellent squire!
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:51 am

I don't know Sham overly well but I noticed he is only Militia.. perhaps promotion to Soldier and then depending on how he goes with that, we can review at a later date?
I would like to keep an eye on him for a little longer.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:00 am

Really? His still Militia? He's been here longer than Sora or Tran...I'm shocked.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:03 am

I'm surprised shamm isn't a soldier already, tbh ... why has he fallen through the cracks? Sad Maybe we need more than one person doing the lower level promotions, so we can capture those in different timezones. Nix you're only one person and we can't expect you to play 24/7 or get to know every single player. Maybe it's not best to have such a pivotal role relegated to a single person? Very Happy

And I think he deserves squire moreso than some of the other names on the table atm. I vote yes to making shamm a squire.

And we have history of promoting people where they bypass a rank or two, so we are not without precedent.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:07 am

Also, Sora seems to me a bit braggy ... like, more about "me me me" ... nice guy overall, but a bit showboaty, and I notice sometimes guild chat kinda ignores him when he gets that way.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:08 am

I would still like to get to know him a little better before I pass a vote, however for those who know him and believe him a good choice.. let the votes decide!
As for the promotions thing I agree, I cannot get to know each and every player and I don't see what others are doing when I am offline.
I would like to see someone help me who doesn't already have a heap on their plate though.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:16 am

That's fair, but I'd say it's up to each person to decide how much is too much for them.  Ideally I'd think 3 people doing promotions would make the most sense.  It allows for a good variety of opinion and playtimes, without making it such a big group that it's hard to manage.  And while there is always possibility of some falling through the cracks, this makes it much less likely.

This is something that Andrea and I had been working together on before she quit.  I'd like to get more involved in it again.  But I think a third person would be a good idea too.  And nothing against girls, but maybe we could get a dude involved?  Not Beau (even though I love you Beau) because he wants everyone to be an officer lol! Wink
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:19 am

I am happy to work with anyone who would care to volunteer.. perhaps start a new thread with the idea and see who puts their hand up?
I think it would be best to go down that avenue before allocating roles perhaps?
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:21 am

Good call. Would you like to start the thread?

Also yeah, we shouldn't force it on anyone. Hopefully we'll get a volunteer though!
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:23 am

+1 to shamm
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:27 am

I have posted a topic thread... here is hoping we get some volunteers!
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:13 am

I really like Shammz and think he'd be a great squire. I feel like he helps guildies a lot. Just the other day he went out of his way to help me and some other guildies get badges even though he already collected all of them himself. I feel like that's not out of character for him either.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I like Sham, and though my playing time has been cut, I'd be happy to join Kara and Kitty with promotions
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:10 pm

with so many positive votes I would like to promote Sham,I would also like to promote Tran/Syl as he seems to have a fabulous reception to all officers.. both of these to squire, any objections?
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:18 pm

I have no objections to either Shamm or Syl Smile

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:48 am

I think I am going to have object to Sora for now. I'm a bit uncomfortable with his bragging that I've seen when I'm on lately.

I'd like to watch Tran more, but if you promote him I have no real objections.

With Sham, I was wondering, could I promote him? I know you are the promoter Kara, but I'd really like to Sham if that's ok with you.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 am

I am fine with Sora being watched for a little while longer, your objections are 100% reasonable and I agree with you :-)

I will wait for other comments on Tran/Syl before I promote him and I think it would be a great idea if you promoted Sham :-) coming from a friend is always best :-D

As for me being the promoter.. I have posted a new comment in Volunteers if you would care to look? :-)
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:05 am

I have taken the liberty after so many great comments to promote Tran/Syl.. I think he will make a fabulous Squire!
I will wont promote Sham as Nai has requested as they are mates!
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:33 am

Awesome!
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:14 am

Seriously Beau... whyyyyy soooo early!?

New Squires Beau10
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 pm

xD
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Yes I was up way too late last night, but some very interesting conversations on Teamspeak kept me up and lots of dungeon fun Smile

I don't get to do that as often as I used to, I enjoyed it.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:34 pm

^ translation: "was drunk, forgot the time"
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am

Beau, I want to party with you one day ;o;
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Beau. It did used to be fun late at night. I'm missing those days about now...
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanksgiving week is here. I'll be spending a lot of late nights in game Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content