Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Meeting 03/01/15

4 posters

Go down

Officer Meeting 03/01/15  Empty Officer Meeting 03/01/15

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:01 am

Officers in attendance:

Beau, Bhukk, Captain Ozone, Seamon, Verdant, Tia, Flynx, and Inu.

Summary of meeting with a few afterthoughts added in.  I did not take proper minutes.  I did not think of it till someone asked if anyone was taking notes.

1.  Discussion of recent drama.  Tia has reiterated his desire that I step down.  I have no intention of stepping down by my own choice, but if there is a consensus among officers that I should step down, we can start a process of deciding on the next leader.  

2.  We all agreed to having weekly Guild Meetings again.  We started doing them a while back, but they were soon forgotten again.  The officers in attendance thought Sunday afternoon would be the best time.  I do not mind Sunday, if they do not last too long.  Sunday is my planning day.  Lets pick a time and plan for next Sunday.  

3.  For officers meeting:  Chose only one or two issues to discuss.  Not a long laundry list.  A good place to start would possibly be Syll's list.  So, as well as choosing our Sunday time, we need to chose our topic(s).  

4.  I mentioned that I want to try and become less focused on rules and procedures and try to focus more on members.  A few good ideas were mentioned like doing different "theme" nights.  I like that one.  We also discussed that when we have tried stuff like this in the past, even though there are 50 people online nobody responds.  We need to come up with some ideas to get people in the right frame of mind to be receptive to what we want to do.

5.  There was general agreement that we should start promoting voice chat more aggressively. 

6.  Create member polls to help find out what our members would like to see us doing more of.  (I believe this was originally Beez idea.)

7.  We need to do a better job of explaining to newer members what is going on in Guild Missions, especially for members that do not get on TS.  Beau will create a text file with instructions to cut and paste into Guild Chat for Guild Missions.   

8.  Inu wishes to take control of Guild Missions beginning week after next.  There were no objections.  She has a plan Very Happy

9.  In addition to officers meetings, we would like to start full Guild Meetings maybe once a month.  We have the most people online and listening right before Guild Missions, so we felt that 30 minutes before Guild Missions would be good.

10.  We also discussed deciding on a fixed/hard Guild Mission Start time.  Most people agreed that this loose after Karka Queen time adds to our confusion and chaos.  So, if we want to allow for Karka Queen, we need to pick a hard time after Karka Queen.  Or, we can just give a hard time of 8 pm. Central 9pm Eastern.  People can get Karka Queen anytime.  We didn't really decide on this, but I think we should do it at the top of the hour, no Karka Queen.  

11.  The desire to complete Guild Missions faster was expressed and generally agreed upon.  While it is nice to wait for Newby to run across the map, we have such a large group now it is impractical to make everyone wait.  We should take note of people who have trouble getting places and help them out later so that they will be ready for the next week.  Message them and apologize explaining that we are on a schedule and cannot wait, let them know that you will help them later.  There were a few people that had to leave before missions were over.  Inu said that she received complaints that we were taking too long.  I have not heard complaints, but I agree that we should move like clockwork with such a large group.

12.  Officers Meeting Channel Password:  lightness

That is about all I can remember.  Officers not in attendance please feel free to comment.  If you wish to add to these notes from your memory or follow up, please do.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Officer Meeting 03/01/15  Empty Re: Officer Meeting 03/01/15

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 am

13.  Redefine Ranks make the requirements for being each rank more clear.  There are too many, maybe eliminate one.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Durnik Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:39 am

I am sorry, but Sunday night will not work for me. I work 3rd shift and I have to go into work early Sundays to get things ready. Saturday is really the only time I can for sure say that I will be online for meetings.
Durnik
Durnik
Level 10

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 am

OK!  I did not get with as many of you as I would like.  I forgot at Mission time.  But, I talked to a few officers and we decided on 7pm Central Time / 8 pm Eastern time for our officer meeting tomorrow.  Please, try to be there.

5 Pacific.

I will do an audio recording of the meeting and someone will take notes for a meeting post.  If you cannot attend, be sure to comment on the notes.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:03 pm