Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!!

+4
Israfil DaSlayer
Haru
Akroma
Nix Shadowstalker
8 posters

Go down

NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!! Empty NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!!

Post by Nix Shadowstalker Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 am

Hello everyone. It has come to my attention that I am having some BIG problems with my GW. It is like taking so much time to load. It's because of that stupid "Repairing Data Archive" crap. I really need help. What should I do??? Sad
Nix Shadowstalker
Nix Shadowstalker
Level 2

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 21
City : Below You
Hobbies : Playing of course. Hmmm, other things I enjoy is web surfing, reading, studying, and singing. I got no sports, so I am actually ALWAYS bored...
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!! Empty Re: NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!!

Post by Akroma Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

repairing data archive? where does it say that? and when? what'd you do? how'd it happen? any ideas? give us some more info to better help you. Might also want to contact some sort of tech support for GW.

Not that i think this will help to fix the problem...but a way to help load you faster would be to do the -image trick. You know when you zone into a new area that you have not been into before? and you'll have to wait to download the map? not anymore. create a copy of GW shortcut on your desktop, one that you will later delete and not use anymore. right click on your new (copied shortcut) and go down to properties. and where it says "Target: "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" add a space and
" -image" so that it'll read "Target: C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe -image" click on to close it. now run that copied and modified shortcut, NOT THE ORIGINAL. this will download all of the maps and take a few hours. best to do it overnight when you are not going to use your pc.

as for the "repairing data archives" i dont know what that is, but i hope that between this, your additional information about what happened and tech support...we can help straighten it out.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!! Empty Re: NEED Help and Tips!!! loads too slow!!!

Post by Haru Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 pm

That happened to me long ago, if it says "Repairing Data Archive" your hard drive (C:/D:/whatever is) holding GW sucks/broken/needs replacement. I'm no tech person so i cant go into the specifics. But my driver holding GW went down the shit hole and when i got a new one everything went just fine.
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Israfil DaSlayer Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm

So waht Haru is saying is, before your HD goes to the "shithole" you may want to get a new HD and transfer your shit over.

Israfil DaSlayer
Level 17

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Another thing to try as suggested is to save your templates and then delete Guild Wars and reinstall, just to see if your .dat file is corrupted.Guild Wars Guru
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamonok Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 am

You don't have to delete Guild Wars completely. You can just find you're .dat file, delete it, then do the "-image" thing to make a new .dat file. I had to do that cause I had a little glitch where certain npc's kept falling over as if they were knocked down.
Kamonok
Kamonok
Level 13

Male
Number of posts : 138
City : Pittsburgh
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pakashi Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:46 pm

lols, kamonok, the .dat file IS guild wars Razz
pakashi
pakashi
Level 31

Male
Number of posts : 311
City : Dubai, UAE
Hobbies : Video gaming, swimming, volleyball, hanging out with friends, METAL!!! \m/
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamonok Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Yea but Kiera said to delete Guild Wars and "reinstall it" so that would include basically everything, the app and it's folders. I was just stating you didn't have to delete everything, just only the .dat file.
Kamonok
Kamonok
Level 13

Male
Number of posts : 138
City : Pittsburgh
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Shadowstalker Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 am

Yay! Thanks so much for your help. Really appreciate it.
So what I'll do is:
only do the "-image" method;
delete .dat file followed by "-image";
or uninstall it.

Now all I got to do is pick one... lol
Nix Shadowstalker
Nix Shadowstalker
Level 2

Male
Hobbies : Playing of course. Hmmm, other things I enjoy is web surfing, reading, studying, and singing. I got no sports, so I am actually ALWAYS bored...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Shadowstalker Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 am

Ok, I tried the methods,
Results:
only do the "-image" method-It's in process;
delete .dat file followed by "-image"-Tried deleting it but when I was trying to open the copied GW, it says "cannot open data archive";
or uninstall it-I don't want to try it lol, It's gonna be time consuming.
Nix Shadowstalker
Nix Shadowstalker
Level 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by recon Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm an IT Professional working in the real world.

Simple answer?

R E I N S T A L L

I have personally experienced the repair data archive thing and it worked out fine for me. The issue here is likely much larger than Guild Wars itself. Your computer is probably bogged down by tons of crap thats slowing you up; ie. adware, viruses, offline websites, etc, etc.

ALSO, here's a few tips.

Defrag your hard drive.
Download and run "ADAWARE", you can get it at download.com
Download and run "AVGFREE", also download.com
Download and run "PCMECHANIC", also download.com (this will clean up your registry)
Download the latest drivers for your video card, NVIDIA or ATI site

If none of this works I seriously suggest a reinstall of your OS.

Let me know if this stuff works for you!

recon
Level 16

Male
Number of posts : 161
City : Tallahassee
Hobbies : this stuff.
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down