Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WvW tips

+2
Zero
Blank De Ratche
6 posters

Go down

WvW tips Empty WvW tips

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed May 08, 2013 9:21 pm

I spent some time in a big WvW guild and I learned a few things I'd like to pass on. Nothing really secret but good stuff to know.

1. Arrow Carts are King right now, you need to fill in at least your first trait in arrow cart. this increases your range. The general consensus is that this will be dialed down in the future so I wouldn't put too much into it now

2. Teamspeak. The difference between a pug and a player is listening on teamspeak. Very important. You don't need to talk but the commander will always be on there issuing orders, telling you where to much, when to push etc., and if you are scouting and see something it's the best way to let him/her know.

3. Speaking of scouting when you report something you need to say numbers, world and where. For example "10 jq at bluevale" numbers don't need to be exact but just a general indication. Directions are important too, "15 JQ coming at us" doesn't help, "15 JQ coming in from the west" or behind us, that helps. alot.

4. Survivability is the name of the game. At least for mid and light armor, not sure about heavy. It's more important to have defense built in. If a couple of zergs are coming together, the team with the first person dead has a big disadvantage because everyone that tagged that person who was down is now rezed. you don't ever want to be the first one down, so armor up appropriately.

5. ranged always follow off the commander, if you are squishy you need to be behind the commander, not right up front, that is the place for heavies and crazy D/D eles. stay close, but let the warriors and guardians earn their pay.

6. Finally supply is very important, but don't throw your own siege, the commander will always throw the siege, (unless he asks for it) certain siege should be in certain spots, so let the commander take care of that.

I really like WvW, I find it very fun, I'd like AoL to have at least a little presence on there, which means we need to join the war council. We are now in first place on WvW and it is a very coordinated effort. If you have any questions, want help with builds/equip/etc I'm happy to help, not that I'm an expert but I have a general idea for most professions. Most nights you'll find me there, especially when school gets out for me in about a month.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

WvW tips Empty Re: WvW tips

Post by Zero Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I agree, we should join the War Council. Now that a legendary is no longer my top goal, I feel I have fun doing wvw now, i'd like to do more now! (I have a bunch of siege I can give away too)
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Joining the war council sounds like a good idea! I imagine they have their own forum/website/teamspeak. Let us know what we need to do. Would we be like allies with other WvW guilds? Need more info Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu May 09, 2013 12:17 am

Welcome back to the guild...

I'm also more in WvW than before... I've learnt to enjoy it when playing with groups (and not by myself like at the beginning) and it also rewards you towards your monthly achievement.

However, before joining anything, we have to be sure we're up for it and ready to dedicate a significant share of our game time to WvW... Also 4 of us would be kind of pointless I guess...

And bear in mind that while in WvW you can't do ANYTHING else... Can't run dungeons, can't recruit even can't answer to whisps or gchat depending on the situation...

We have to be careful here, we've been working hard on getting some new members and I ahve a feeling the guild is picking up on the social level, I'd hate to see that wasted because all active players are involved in WvW 24/7.

Anyway, to sum up I'm up for it because I kind of like it, but we have to consider other aspects too ^^
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri May 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I'll look more into it Yuri, the only way we would really be expected to participate more is if we had a commander I blieve. I don't think joining turns us into a WvW guild.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Solara Sea Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 pm

I have been doing some wvw lately; i would really like to see aol on the war council. There are some very active guilds; and some less active ones; we dont need to be an icoa, gof, or ons to add value.

The other thing i would add to the first post is that you need to be lvl80 to be most effective. But you dont need to be 80 to be effective. I leveled my thief from 50 up mostly in wvw. You might as well learn wvw when your underleveled. It was a great change if pace for leveling my forth toon.
Solara Sea
Solara Sea
Level 4

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dal Niente Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Perhaps we should have a WvW night or something. Gather a few small groups and see what happens. We have a great guild and we are growing by the day so an event like "WvW Night" or something could be a lot of fun.

Yuri does make a good point.
Dal Niente
Dal Niente
Level 3

Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:02 am

I like that Idea Dal, unfortunately with me about to go back to work, I can't really get it together. But if someone else would, that would be great.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content