Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necromancer tips

+2
recon
Nix Shadowstalker
6 posters

Go down

Necromancer tips Empty Necromancer tips

Post by Nix Shadowstalker Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 am

Hello guys, Nix here. I have already learned a lot of things on how to use a necromancer.

Here's some tips when using one:
1. Never SPAM your skill too much.
---Necromancers usually has some fast cool downs in their skills, how ever using them to much my give you the risk of dying.
2. Combination is a must.
---Necromancers are very flexible, true. But with the correct alignment to skills, you can create vast build which can support, protect, and defend your allies or spike and hinder your opponent. Best thing to do is to understand what secondary profession you will take and what heroes to bring.
3. Embrace death!
---To finally be a well-balanced necromancer, you must able to be resourceful to achieve an all-around necromancer. Always bring something for the corpse, like minions, putrid explosion, consume corpse, etc. Corpse are very reliable whenever the party needs something. Health sacrifices contains skills which best helps the members, like blood ritual, bip, etc. Hexes, are used by necromancers to hinder enemies to give allies an advantage against them.

Hope this will be useful!
--I will share some effective builds that I created on my next topic.--
Nix Shadowstalker
Nix Shadowstalker
Level 2

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 21
City : Below You
Hobbies : Playing of course. Hmmm, other things I enjoy is web surfing, reading, studying, and singing. I got no sports, so I am actually ALWAYS bored...
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Necromancer tips Empty Re: Necromancer tips

Post by recon Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 pm

i want gwen doll!!!

recon
Level 16

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 161
City : Tallahassee
Hobbies : this stuff.
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Grenth is the embrace that turns the fiery chaos that is life to the ice cold perfect order of death. The necromancer is Grenth's servant and must deliver the same cold justice to his foes as Grenth does to his.
I've played a curse necromancer for 2.5 years now so I guess I can add some pointers.

1. Never be affraid of sacrifice when it is needed.
Whether it is your arm or the warrior in front of you. If something must be sacrificed in order to save the team, it must be done and it is quite often up to the necromancer to decide this.
2. Control the battlefield.
Necromancers have the wide array of hexes and corps control spells that allow them to shape the battle. Make sure your minions obbey their master, make sure your wells are placed there where they are needed and make sure to disable the core of the enemy's team with your hexes and conditions. Necromancers do not have much in the way of self defense, their defense lies in succesfully disabling whoever tries to take them down.
3. Understand the weakness of your enemies and punish them for it.
Hex stacks, armor ignoring damage, impossible-to-defend-against life stealing, enchantment stripping. No matter what the defense is, necromancers are key to taking it down. Go and read up on monster's/people's skills and adjust your builds to optimally take them on.
4. Soul reaping.
No matter how you try and turn it, soul reaping is the most potent primary attribute in PvE. Although there are few enough skills linked to it, you should always link whatever attribute points you can spare to this ability.

Necromancers ftw Smile

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote="Dan Obsidian"]

1. Never be affraid of sacrifice when it is needed.
Whether it is your arm or the warrior in front of you. If something must be sacrificed in order to save the team, it must be done and it is quite often up to the necromancer to decide this.
quote]

Well as a monk i must disagree with that it is up to the nec..but for the rest good job on helping necroes.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 am

I's a matter of field control: the monk will have a choice to intervene when the red bar goes down, the necro (curses neways) will have the choice to disable whoevers pounding on the warrior or not. Best example is to throw away your reckless haste on Shiro to get him to use Impossible Odds (which removes a hex) and then using SS to kill him, knowing full well he'll take half your team down with him.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Random Tip: Meleemancers make things blow up
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 354
City : Chi-town
Hobbies : Soccer, School, GW, clubs, Cooking
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Mostly themselves

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 pm

lol dan true that.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Dan Obsidian wrote:
2. Control the battlefield.
Necromancers have the wide array of hexes and corps control spells that allow them to shape the battle. Make sure your minions obbey their master, make sure your wells are placed there where they are needed and make sure to disable the core of the enemy's team with your hexes and conditions. Necromancers do not have much in the way of self defense, their defense lies in succesfully disabling whoever tries to take them down.
3. Understand the weakness of your enemies and punish them for it.
Hex stacks, armor ignoring damage, impossible-to-defend-against life stealing, enchantment stripping. No matter what the defense is, necromancers are key to taking it down. Go and read up on monster's/people's skills and adjust your builds to optimally take them on.
Necromancers ftw Smile

My key to playing a Cursing Nec is to seek and destroy. Set loose a Spiteful Spirit on all those front line enemy melee characters and watch them kill themselves. We all know that casters tend to ball up, so hit one of them with Mark of Pain and have your favorite damage producer bring the pain by targetting them. This is a wonderful opportunity to have your favorite Splinter Barrage ranger hitting a nice fleshy Monk, Ele, or Mesmer and watching the yellow numbers fly across the screen. Make sure to bring a nice self heal like Insidious Parasite and cast it on the enemy tank. And don't forget to take advantage of your Asuran, Norn, etc. skills.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content