Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress]

+5
Kittynne
The Beau Brothers
Yuri Mortenzen
mirai.baka
fictitiousacct
9 posters

Go down

Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress] Empty Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress]

Post by fictitiousacct Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:18 pm

The Army of Lightness

To provide a fun, lively and supportive community of gamers…
Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress] Guildemblem

MISSION

The guild houses people from all walks of life, ages and lifestyles.
We promote a society of tolerance and understanding;
a quick way to get booted is putting down
the political, religious or personal views of others.
We play hard, laugh easily and swear like drunken sailors,
but at the end of it all we never lose sight that this is our
Guild/Home/Clan and we stand (or lie face down dead) together;
otherwise what’s the point of being in it.
We want YOU (most esteemed reader) to be a part of it and not
just a name on the Guild List who logs in occasionally.

Your thoughts, ideas, involvement and contributions are important to us;
we want you to become a part an
active and diverse society.

SERVER: Blackgate

Army of Lightness
Community, Commitment, Conniptions…

Updated 9/9/12

MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS & POLICIES
We hope that members will come to call AoL home…
It is very important we instill this sense of community and nurture member interest. We believe It is paramount members get connected on Teamspeak, use the Forum and fool around on Facebook to get the most out of AoL. Expect frequent invites, surprise party ups, overbearing maternal figures, divas and alcohol.

We have a strong standard of community & acceptance. Maturity is expected and members will be held responsible for their actions. One warning on behavior – then kick. We hope that members will show their commitment through representation and contribution to the growth of the guild.

It is expected that our members be accepting and mature…
Most of our members are above the age of 16 and as a result one may find themselves in “mature” conversations or hear a curse word now and then. It is assumed all members are 16+ unless otherwise notified; please let the Leadership know if you are younger than 16 or if you’re offended by the language or conduct of any of your fellow guildees so a solution can be reached.  We do encourage the use of the in-game chat filter as well.

-Representation
Members of AoL are not limited to the representation of our guild alone…
Members may be a part of multiple guilds if they wish. While we are accepting of members being part of multiple guilds; we do place emphasis on guild representation. We will not tolerate our guild being used as storage space for toons nor do we wish membership to be out of convenience. Members not actively representing AoL will be asked not to use our resources to sponsor activities outside the guild. If you have concerns about multiple guild representation please talk to the Leadership.

-Communicating/Behavior
Guild chat and teamspeak are meant to foster and promote healthy relationships between members.  Respect between individuals is highly important, and any such behavior that is racist, sexist, vulgar, rude, or offensive will be attempted to be corrected.  Failing to correct such behavior will result in being kicked from the guild.

-Activity
We place high value on our members…
Inactivity is of great concern to us. It’s difficult to promote a community when half your tenants are MIA. If a member is inactive for a 2 months time without notifying an Officer then they will be kicked. If Officers believe a member isn’t representing AoL well enough we will make our concern known to the person – we reserve the right to remove you if we feel AoL isn’t your first choice, or a good fit.

GUILD PROCEDURES
AoL is a PvX guild with an emphasis on PvE play…
We don’t wish to be typed cast; as a guild, we highly encourage members to participate in WvW & PvP, as well as PvE adventures. AoL is a guild for players of all walks of life – a place where more experienced players and new players can come together as a community.

-Influence
As of now there are no requirements for the amount of influence contributed to the guild.
Influence spending will be managed by the officers. Upgrades/ boosts will reflect the current needs and trends of the guild – guild improvements are priority (storage/emblem).

-Storage
Treasure Cove: 100 Slots: dyes, collectibles, crafting materials, holiday items, etc.
Deep Cave: 100 Slots: Officers may withdraw on request: food, utility, etc.
Guild Stash: 50 Slot: Officers Only

*Recruits do not have access to storage

-Meetings
There will be meetings…
where existing leadership and members can discuss problems, concerns and take suggestions. Meetings will serve as a guild forum – members will meet up in game and the actual meeting will be conducted on Vent/Guild Chat. All members will be allowed to weigh in regardless of status; however, all final decisions will be made by the existing leadership.

-Hierarchy
There are several positions a member can hold in AoL...
King : the final say on an decisions and administrative tasks in the guild. The Guild Leader works with his Officers to help the guild grow.
Lord : the right and left hands of the Guild Leader. The Senior Officer helps the Guild Leader follow up on administrative tasks, more specifically assuring that the guild has a leader around the clock. The Senior Officer will step in for the Guild Leader in his absence.
Knight : the soul and vision of the guild. Officers regulate the social scene of the guild to assure that the guild stays true to the Guild Leader’s vision.
Squire : Squires assist the officers in organization and should be eager to help other members when possible.
Soldier : the life blood of the guild. Soldiers are recognized as a full time members and are allowed storage privileges.
Militia : Registered on the forums, but otherwise the same as peasant.  Also should be on ts for guild missions.  Militia that prove their commitment by maintaining active for several weeks are promoted to Soldiers.
Peasant :  prospectives start as Peasants. Peasants that create accounts on the forums, teamspeak, and facebook are promoted to Militia.
(promotions are also at the discretion of Officers).

LEADERSHIP
The AoL Launch Hierarchy…
consists of a King, Lords, and Knights. Knights have all powers except for Promotion, Demotion, Emblem Alteration & Rank Alteration. Lords have the same power as Knights, but also have a greater role in the administration of the guild and may step in for Guild Leader if necessary.

The leadership structure is subject to change as the game progress and the needs of the guild changes.
As interests and expertise develop, we may develop niche officers specializing in their areas of interest. Positions of this nature will be added on the fly upon membership initiative and leadership consent.

-Duties
Officers regulate the social scene…
of the guild to ensure cliques and special interests don’t divide the guild, while encouraging and nurturing members to challenge themselves and to remain active. Officers make sure that the existing AoL body stays true to our mission statement. Officers are role models, don’t be afraid to approach one if you have a question or concern.

-Requirements
Leadership is built on and dependent on communication and activity
Officers are required to remain active and have an involved presence in the guild. All officers will have access to Teamspeak and email as a requirement. Officers also may not represent other Guilds.  Furthermore Officers whom are absent for more than two weeks will be demoted if the Guild Leader hasn’t been notified. Officers are to put the needs of the guild ahead of their own. Officers must be diplomatic, enthusiastic, even-tempered, tan and handsome (and clearly have a good sense of humour).   Keep in mind the Leadership is dynamic, as people step down, others will be brought up.  We aim to have a reasonable ratio of Officers to Members.  This means we are always watching (in a non-creeper way) to see who is constantly involved with the Guild, how well do they communicate with people, do their actions match their words as trust plays a HUGE part with being in the Leadership group of AoL.  However if you ASK to be an officer, most likely not in this lifetime will you be made one :)no matter how great you tell us you are.

Guild Leader:
**I will properly do these sections when I compare it to the roster**

• The Beau Brothers

Senior Officers:

• Flynx
  • Kittynne
  • Diablo
  • fictitiousacct (a.k.a. Tia Xi)
  • Ratche

Officers:

• Mirai Baka
  • Roasted Walnuts
  • Zero
  • seamonster six
  • Bhukk
  • EllieBellie (Beez)
  • Nai
  • Captain Ozone
  • Yuri Mortenzen
  • lordofbattle
  • Inu
  • Durnik Delmore
  • TranquilInSpirit

Written by Amer, Aura, Beau, Dayle, Kiera, Mighty, and Ratche.  We began writing as a team in August 2012 to craft this vision statement for GW 2 AoL, and it's our hope all who read this will embrace what the spirit and ideas are for the Guild.

Sources:
Guild Ranks: Expectations and Requirements (2/15/2014)
[Read this!] Guild Chat Expectations
Den Mother on Manners
Army of Lightness Policies

Last edited by fictitiousacct on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress] Empty Re: Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress]

Post by fictitiousacct Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Do quote things that ought be changed as you see it, please.
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress] Empty Re: Army of Lightness Policies [Redraft, still in progress]

Post by mirai.baka Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 pm

It all sounds good. I found one typo though. In hierarchy under Lord You have "around the the clock" (doubled up on the)

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 40
City : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2014-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:30 pm

"Furthermore Officers whom are absent for more than three days will be demoted if the Guild Leader hasn’t been notified. " I am not sure this still holds...

I agree with most of the rest, just why has the Behaviour section been completely deleted?
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:56 pm

I'll take a closer look at this some other time.  
There are some things under representation that should be edited.  
All officers can promote.  
Under activity, currently, we give people over 2 months inactivity.  

Those are just a few things I noticed on first read.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 am

HAY YOU SPALLED MY NAME WRONG!

<3

seriously, I'll review it closer later <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

omg so I started reading these and then I stopped til I saw you writin' love all over my name <3333333

omg ilusm

<33333333
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Syll Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:03 pm

/leftouttears

Syll
Level 4

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 pm

I would suggest the three day officer thing changed to 2 weeks.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:33 am

I really want to re-bump this.. I would like to go over this and edit it so it is up to date :-)
I have been thinking of updating many things AoL.. I will make a post outlining my ideas :-D
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down