Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite?

5 posters

Go down

Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite? Empty Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite?

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:49 pm

I think it is time to revisit our Guild Policy.  This was originally written before we even knew much about Guild Wars 2.  It was primarily penned by Mighty and Kierra.  (I miss Mighty)  I signed off on it, but at the time I had newly returned from a two year absence.  Ratche is the only other active member to have agreed to these Guild Policies.  

I have read over them and think they are still pretty good, but there are some obvious things that at least need editing.  I would like all of our current officers to take a look at these policies and tell me what you think.  Maybe one of our officers with a flair for writing will be willing to take on the task of making a new Guild Policy that reflects the wishes of our current officers and current realities in Guild Wars 2 and our Guild.

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t4746-army-of-lightness-policies

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite? Empty Re: Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite?

Post by Kittynne Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:05 pm

BURN IT!

Oh ... overexcited there.

Yeah, needs rewriting for sure.

I nominate Tia .. he's good at writing these things when he gets off his ass to do them. :p
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite? Empty Re: Army of Lightness Policies should we update/rewrite?

Post by Kittynne Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Also need to merge this:

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5350-guild-ranks-expectations-and-requirements-2-15-2014

and this:

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5375-read-this-guild-chat-expectations

with the policies.

We have too many threads that should all be consolidated imo. There might be others too, but those are the ones I see at first glance.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:26 pm

I'll just toss this out there to add to the pile of things to be absorbed into policy about chat and such. Donnie wrote one of the best essays on manners I've seen in the guild. I like to look back at this from time to time.

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t2184-den-mother-on-manners
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 pm

I'm actually pretty good at writing policy stuff, since I've done it for a living.  But since Andrea and I are already working on the tips for recruiting, probably Tia or someone else who likes doing this kind of stuff would be better suited, and division of labour and such. Very Happy

However, I actually think the den mother on manners thing is better kept on its own. It's not a hardcore guild policy after all, more of a kind of general soft skills sort of thing, with advice and stuff ... probably good to merge the manners thread with https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5754-guide-on-what-to-do-when-something-or-someone-annoys-you and keep those two separate from guild policy, is my advice.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 pm

sure can do, will post in officer forum regarding final product when complete
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Sounds good, I can help if needed. don't think they all need rewriting since some are pretty decent but it would be good to have it all in one doc/thread
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Yeah, I don't think it needs to be Burned and completely rewritten. It just needs updating. Keeping a bit of Mighty and Kiera's touches to it would be nice.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynx Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Agree with the above. Also Donni would like me to send a thank you to Beau for his kind comments about her manners missive.  Smile
Flynx
Flynx
Level 32

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 322
City : Connecticut...close enuff
Hobbies : GW...and then other less significant games
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down